STUFF I'VE TRIED RECENTLY
I spend most of my budget on food, and the rest is divided evenly between Goodwill, Target, and Texas Children's Hospital.
- 1.Good Culture Cottage CheeseThis was a super-delish hit of protein. Like cottage cheese with integrity. Clean-tasting, nothing weird. This CC respects itself.
- 2.Tres Frozen PupusasThis is my second time buying them-and they're good! I ate mine with an over-medium egg. I think they make a kale flavor, @clairewentthere
- 3.Suja Probiotic WaterSo good-NOT sweet at all, very hydrating, zero-ish calories, nothing artificial. After drinking three of these in one day, though, I did have to wonder: how many probiotics are TOO many probiotics?
- 4.Siete Cassava/Coconut Flour TortillasI'm not sure how I would like these unheated or in a wrap, but they were great for quesadillas. Full disclosure: they contain lard, but I'm into that.
- 5.Whole Foods Brand Pumpkin Cheescake Sandwich CookiesThese are scrumptious-very autumnal without treading too deep into #PSL territory. And, they got me through a very rough evening of debate-watching. Seasonal sandwich cookies=great for self-medicating.
- 6.Hail Merry Pumpkin Miracle TartsSo, my better angels have convinced me to switch on over to these Hail Merry tarts and they are tiny and very tasty. This is a good treat with some tea or coffee. WARNING: the tarts liquefy at 76 degrees, so don't serve them on the lanai and DON'T try to smuggle a few in your bra for later.
- 7.Linda's LatkesThese are pre-made and frozen, you could be civilized about it, or you could heat them in the oven and eat them straight off the baking sheet, using a squeezable applesauce to individually top each one like a savage.
- 8.Butternut Squash AlfredoNot a product but a recipe: Roast one butternut squash, cut side up, at 400 degrees. Be sure to season with S and P first! Scoop out flesh and and blend with two garlic cloves, one cup of cream, 1/2 cup vegetable broth, and a pinch of nutmeg. Add a cup of grated Parmesan and toss with one pound of your favorite pasta or the equivalent in veggie noodles. 😘
- 9.Veggie Noodle CompanyI really liked the zucchini spirals with my Butternut Squash Alfredo. I'm still figuring out my favorite way to prep them, pre-sauce. Suggestions?
- 10.Coconut RollsThese are so delicious that I hate them for the power they have over me. Sweet, savory, crunchy, flaky. Gluten-free. DISASTER.