TO SIRS, WITH LOVE
One more thing.
- •Dear B.J. and Dev,
- •Never ever forget that you made this happen.
- •You built a space where, for the most part, people appreciated and honored and learned alongside each other.
- •You created a format that made the task of telling our stories seem...doable. Within reach. You made us writers. Or, I should say, you gave us space to BE the writers we've always been. You let us bite off a little at a time, and that was just the right amount.
- •I know not everyone used the app this way, but it was like this for me: List allowed me to get outside my head. It helped me notice the world. I woke up to my life a little more. It was like all the best parts of journaling, and note-taking, and bullet-points, but with the added bonuses of feedback, friendship, and perspective. I learned here.
- •This wasn't a perfect space. But it had a lot of heart. And, I never, this entire time, received a single nude.Last week, though, I did send @sally pics of my horrible bug bites.
- •Thank you for trying something grand. You did it—this thing here...
- •and we won't forget.