WHAT I WANT TO TELL THIS 15-YR OLD GIRL AT THE SWIMMING POOL
- •The dude who is touching you repeatedly, even when you bat his hand away and tell him no, is not good enough for you.
- •When you come to the pool on a ninety-degree day, it's okay to actually get in the water. You are not required to languish on your towel, sexily enduring what might be the heat-death of the universe.Also there is no sexy way to endure anything.
- •You are beautiful. Your swimsuit looks great. Seriously, your physical self should be the least of your worries right now and this might be as good as it gets anyway, so please blow everyone's mind and do a running cannonball into the deep end; this town will never forget it.
- •Try to enjoy this. You have the rest of your life to cry over love, to need approval, to get likes, to hate your thighs—or do you? It *could* be that you don't get another day to relish just how good the sun feels on your skin. I can't say for certain when that Great Hand is going to pluck you out of the Disco—but I do know one thing:
- •It will come. And you will want to have done that cannonball. You will want to have memorized the sun.