THINGS PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME AT WORK
How could anyone not love working in retail?
- •Me: "Are you interested in joining our rewards program?" Person: "I have the best friend in the whole world: Jesus Christ."
- •"I'm shopping for my mom, and she has big boobs like you. Do you think she'd like this cardigan?"
- •"You know that a robot could replace you in your job, right? It'll probably happen soon."
- •"My son is about this tall," *gestures height* "and this big." *gestures width* "What size would he wear?"
- •"Do you have any baseball gloves?"Side note: the store where I work sells business casual clothing.
- •"This sign says that these shirts are $10. What does that mean?"
- •*Receipt accidentally slides off of counter* "Why so windy?!"
- •Person: "Are you ashamed of yourself for putting these prices up and calling it a sale?" Me: "I don't decide the prices, sir." Person: "Well, you should still be ashamed of yourself."
- •"Are these the only shitty jeans you have?"
- •Person: "What do you do with your life besides this?" Me: "I'm applying for grad school to get my Master's in Psychology." Person: "You know majoring in Psychology is just a waste of your time and money, right? My kids picked useless majors too."