5 Women from History I Would Like To Be For A Day
Multiple personality disorder is a real thing, and it is alive and well in my subconscious. Here are 5 women whose lives I long to steal for 24 hours...given access to a time machine.
- •Julia ChildNow yes, I just watched Julie and Julia and yes, I desperately hate Julia Child's voice as it now echoes in the emptiness between my ears. BUT...who doesn't want to be a liberal in Europe in the sixties with a talent for eating? If anything I just want to be able to cook French cuisine, and I know everyone is with me on that.
- •Katherine HepburnAnother loud classy broad with a weird annoying voice, but I can't help it. These ladies radiate positive, courageous energy and I aspire to walk a day in the shoes of the famous elite of the 1940s? Too much to ask, I think not.
- •Gloria SteinemI would actually kill to see the second wave of feminism, bra burning and all. Leading that many women at such a tumultuous time in history would be an honor and would probably make me a much more educated feminist in 2016.
- •Edith PiafSo I have listed 3 Americans so far, and I already feel I've let myself down. This woman was the definition of class, feminine strength and pure talent. I would sing for the 24 hours straight, without stopping and hopefully retain the ability to speak French fluently after returning to my unfortunately language challenged self.
- •Zelda FitzgeraldI have a Lost Generation Addiction, kill me. I would meet Ernest, bang my hubby Scott...and then I'd get down to business and write my own goddamn book.