Here's a fun little story from work last night.
- •A mom came to pick up her kid, nothing unusual. As she was about to leave, I told her "Happy Mother's Day!"
- •Her response: "thanks, you too! You must have kids, right?"
- •Uh, no. I'm 18. I must have a job and a high school diploma. Definitely not kids.
- •I politely said "no, none yet!" And she laughed it off and left.
- •I'm pretty used to people thinking I'm older than I am, so this wasn't really that big a deal.
- •But why MUST I have kids???
- •And what age does this woman think I am that having kids would be an absolute requirement?
- •Happy Mother's Day!
- •Not all women have to be mothers.