➕ Lyrics I Misheard ➕
For all you Starbucks Lovers...
- 1.Alanis Morissette's 'You Oughta Know' What it is: "The cross I bear that you gave to me"What I heard: "The cross eyed bear that you gave to me" I thought it was so deep that this guy gave her a teddy bear, and now when she looks at it, all she can see are his stupid crossed eyes.
- 2.Toto's 'Africa' What it is: "There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do"What I heard: "There's nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do" We made it into space, and now we can't do anything. Therein lies the rub.
- 3.Avril Levigne's 'Complicated' What it is: "And you take what you get and you turn it into honesty, promise me I'm never gonna find you begging. No, no, no..."What I heard: "And you take what you get and you turn it into Honestly, promise me I'm never gonna find you naked No, no, no." Clearly I was projecting some other concerns onto this song.
- 4.Gwen Stefani's 'Hollaback Girl' What it is: "I ain't no hollaback girl."What I thought it was: "I ain't no Harlem black girl." I was appalled by her racism and thought, "Well, her career is over."Suggested by @SGGinNYC
- 5.Banks' 'Drowning.' What it is: I'm the one who had to learn to build a heart made of armor.What I heard: "I'm the one who had to learn to build a heart made of vomit." Gross. I just assumed Banks was being dark and gnarly. Get it, girl.Suggested by @Kellendria