THE BEST SCRIPTS FROM MOVIES/SONGS CURRENTLY BEING USED BY MY SON
Autistic kids and adults often use "scripts" (sentences that are comforting to them, a lot of times from movies or TV shows). My son has some awesome scripts he applies in the best situations.
- •"Walk away, Chuckie. Just walk away." - from the Rugrats, used when he is being threatened with a time out from me or his dad.
- •"Shut.up!" - from Princess Diaries, used when we tell him it's Friday and it's the weekend after school.
- •"We are never ever getting back together" - Taylor Swift, whenever his sister is pissing him off.
- •"I came in like a wrecking ball!" - Miley Cyrus, when he charges in our room/bed at 3am.
- •"This isn't flying, this is falling with style!" - Toy Story, this is actually a cue for us to run from the other room to stop him from helping his little sister to "fly off the couch".