BAD HOOK-UP MOVIE CHOICES
If college has taught us anything, it's that the go-to hook up film is Good Will Hunting. Safe choice, sets the right mood. But guys have invited me over then fascinatingly put on the following...
- •Boiler RoomReally? Not even Wall Street? This guy was a first year broker and I left 10 min into the movie. He admitted he had a gf. Your standard piece of shit.
- •War HorseThe guy had given all his other screeners away I'm guessing. We both just fell asleep.
- •Captain PhillipsAgain, screener season. This gem of a dude thought a Tom Hanks flick would be a winner, but the stressful pirate scenes were too tense to make out to.
- •The JerkI am never not going to give my full attention to this movie, sorry. Don't touch me. I'm watching Steve Martin.
- •IrreversibleFeels like a fancy film school choice but really is a scarring film to watch.
- •North ShoreThe guy ended up just reciting every line of the film by heart. I laughed for the first 15 min but it got old. Passed out. Woke up. He was still reciting lines.
- •The Last WaltzOn paper not a bad choice, but then I just wanna talk about music and pass out. Also best watched in a group of 10 people at 3am.
- •MommyHe was trying to pick an adventurous foreign film but it was weird and insane and we both just wanted to be alone after watching it.
- •WhiplashFull disclosure: same dude who put on North Shore. He didn't recite lines but it was just really stressful and tense to watch. I looked over at him at one point and he looked like he was really dealing with shit internally. I never saw him again after that.