DODGER STADIUM HACKS & FACTS
A few tips and info to make your trip to Chavez Ravine a bit smoother.
- •For weekday night games, traffic is a beast. Take surface streets like 6th towards Alvarado then shoot down sunset.
- •Parking. They upped their parking rates to $20 so try parking off Douglas and Sunset and walk up thru the neighborhood to the stadium. Or take dodger bus from union station. If you want to park at the stadium, get in the FAR RIGHT lane on Elysian Park Ave, there are way more parking tellers avail on the right and that lane flies.
- •You gotta get there at least 30 min before the game if you wanna shot at getting the free swag.
- •For evening games in the summer, sun hits the field level, lower loge, and upper deck seats in the even numbered sections. Just know could be sun in your face in those locations till sunset.
- •Remember you can bring your own unopened water bottles and peanuts into the stadium.
- •You don't need a jacket in the stadium unless it dips into low 60s. Stays pretty warm there.
- •The helmet nachos will destroy your stomach. The garlic fries are next level, though.
- •Make a plan ahead of time with your game buddy in case you get on the kiss cam.
- •If you catch a foul ball, and there's a kid going for it next to you, you will get booed if you don't give it to them.
- •If you don't wanna wait in line for beer, there are vegetarian food kiosks scattered across stadium (usually with no line) that also sell craft beers. Super quick.
- •They stop selling food and booze by end of 7th inning.
- •Every kid will win the base steal challenge - they slow the clock if the kid is slow.
- •Adrian Gonzalez's first at-bat song is the best for dancing.
- •Go down to lower level at bottom of the ninth on Friday nights to queue up to get on the field for the fireworks.
- •Every Thurs at 10pm the Short Stop has a dance party called Dance Yourself Clean. Perfect for after night games.