Tbh all of these crushes were passionately reawakened while making this list.
- •Tony Toponi from "An American Tail"That floppy hair... that Brooklyn accent... that general "if I weren't a small mouse I'd be in Newsies" vibe... totally irresistible.
- •This dude who really liked Crocodile Dundee's jacket in "Crocodile Dundee II"I don't really know what his deal was or why I was allowed to see this movie as a little one, but I definitely remember quoting him a lot and thinking he was cute. Have since learned his name was Rat. One of my more questionable crushes.
- •Adrien Brody in "King Kong"Not even an 11-year-old is immune to the seductive power of Adrien Brody murmuring "isn't it obvious?"
- •Angelo from "Shadows in the Glasshouse" (an American Girl History Mystery)Even if "sexual tension" wasn't a thing I knew about then, I could still feel something burning between Angelo and Merry and I was THERE for it. Plus, just think about those glass worker forearms!
- •Tony Danza in "Angels in the Outfield"If Tony Danza ever found out how many wistful nights I spent as a 5-year-old planning our wedding he probably wouldn't have been as weirded out as if he found out how many wistful nights I spent imagining myself as his beautiful widow when his character died from lung cancer.