THINGS I LEARNED FROM THE OPENING NUMBER OF "IN THE HEIGHTS"
In honor of Lin-Manuel Miranda's birthday 🎂
- •Piragua is a thing and it is delicious
- •One can of condensed milk is an acceptable alternative to regular milk if your regular milk has gone bad
- •You can get to Washington Heights by taking the A train to 181 St
- •Those little trees that hang from the rear view mirror smell like sex and cheap perfume
- •$0.25 for a water bottle, $0.50 for a box of condoms
- •You need good credit to rent an apartment(I was in 8th grade ok)
- •THE JOYS AND STRUGGLES OF EVERYDAY LIFE ARE BEAUTIFUL
- •Seriously this is the best opening number of any musical ever and everyone needs to listen to it and give it the appreciation it deservesLin-Manuel Miranda is one of the only people who could rap and sing about the most mundane things in life for seven and a half minutes and create something so artistic and powerful.