TOP 10 "FEAT. LUDACRIS" MOMENTS
It is a scientific fact that the addition of "Luda!" makes any song better.
- •Glamorous (feat. Ludacris) - FergieLudacris Nicki Minaj'd this song before Nicki Minaj had ever Nicki Minaj'd anything. You don't listen to this song for Fergie. You listen to live for a fleeting moment in Ludacris' champagne wishes and caviar dreams. You test the depths of your vocal register saying "stone" and "Rome." You start calling money "lettuce." You still aren't totally sure who Robin Leach is. "Glamorous" is simply the pinnacle for which all featured rappers should strive. Best lyric: all of them.
- •Dirt Road Anthem (Remix) [feat. Ludacris] - Jason AldeanThis one gets #2 for pure shock value. I was completely unprepared to be drowning in my school gym's country music playlist and suddenly hear "Luda!" echoing across the weight room. Luda's commitment to his role is inspiring as he defies expectations and raps about Kenny Rogers and penny loafers over the twang of a guitar. Ludacris is limitless. Best lyric: "Turn it up and let the speakers scream for Mr. Aldean / But I call him Jason"
- •Yeah! (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris) - UsherIconic. Best lyric: "We want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed"
- •All I Do is Win (feat. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross) - DJ KhaledLudacris has some tough competition with the other featured rappers on this song, but he opens with the perfect amount of questionable imagery and vaguely important-sounding references to keep everyone on their toes. Emma Stone went full Luda in her lip sync contest, so with all due respect to Rick Ross and Snoop Dogg, I think we all know who the real winner is here. Best lyric: "And I'm on this foolish track, so I spit my foolish flow / My hands go up and down like strippers booties go"
- •Tonight (Best You Ever Had) [feat. Ludacris] - John LegendHonestly, this is just a sexy song made even better by Ludacris' enthusiasm for sexy metaphors. Best lyric: "Throw you on a grill / Cause seven days a week you're my 5 course meal / For real!"
- •Shake Senora Remix (feat. T-Pain, Sean Paul & Ludacris) - PitbullFirst of all, the world has not sufficiently appreciated how important it is that these four men made a song together. Second of all, Ludacris' verse in this song is one of the main reasons I suspect that his entire career has been an elaborate performance art piece. Best lyric: "Hey mamacita, tu es muy bonita / Hotter than lava, shake it like two maracas"
- •Tonight (I'm F**kin' You) [feat. Ludacris & DJ Frank E] - Enrique IglesiasWhile Luda's words are deceptively simple on the surface, his verse actually has some top-notch seasonal wordplay. Best lyric: "Winter n summertime / When I get you on the springs / I'mma make you fall"
- •Baby - Justin BieberLuda delivers PG lyrics with R-rated speed, seamlessly catering to all potential audiences. This song also contains my favorite "Luda!" intro, and might even have been higher on the list if Justin had given due credit to Ludacris in the song title (what's that about, Justin?). Best lyric: "She had me going crazy, oh, I was star-struck / She woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks"
- •Break Your Heart (feat. Ludacris) - Taio Cruz & LudacrisLet's be real, this song is once again all about Ludacris. Exhibit A: the song title mentions him TWICE (hear that, Justin?). Exhibit B: the very first word of the song is the classic "Luda!" Exhibit C: the only line you remember from this song is mostly about Ludacris (see below). Best lyric: "You might say this is Ludacris, but Taio Cruz tell em' how ya feel!"
- •Hands In the Air (feat. Ludacris) - Miley CyrusA great meta moment in which Ludacris acknowledges the importance of "feat. Ludacris" in his featured rap. Best lyric: "Every verse, every song, every feature I was on / Better know that I abused it / If I die before my time I'll still be living through my music"