Already on li.st? Open in app.
Hopefully will be a growing list, but these are my top faves right now.
- •Call Your GirlfriendUghhhh the bessst. (CYG listeners understand.) Ann Friedman and @aminatou are my favorite besties around -- I could listen to them all day! No, it's true ;)
- •SRSLYFound through Call Your Girlfriend recommendation (Yay! Shine theory), this is the pop culture podcast from the New Statesman. Anna and Caroline are so wonderful and make me miss England. I have jotted down so many notes of shows, artists, books, films etc that I'm confident I'd love after listening to their discussion.
- •Women of the HourNot too many episodes out just yet, but I binge listened one weekend, and, in spite of spending 4 hours deep cleaning my apartment, I was in the absolute best of spirits! (And my floors were freaking spotless.) Hearing women's voices and stories and humor and truths hit me real hard. Thank you, @lenadunham ! And, please, another season? 🙏🏻
Highly controversial and coming from a person who literally has not seen It's a Wonderful Life or Christmas Story. Beware!
- •Frosty the Snowman
- •How the Grinch Stole ChristmasOriginal animated version obviously
- •The Nightmare Before Christmas
- •Have lots of strong feelings about treesBlink up at the startlingly orange and red, look down in wonder at the crisp leaves underfoot, feel a deep sense of satisfaction with the state of the world.
- •Have LOTS of strong feelings about water.Fight the impulse to look for the filtered/bottled water that is commonplace in California. Walk over to your nearest faucet. Fill up your mason jar with water so clear, crisp, and alpine you feel it must be some holy elixir. Wash your face and hair and feel your body sing. Your hair is silky and strong, your skin is retaining more moisture than it ever has in your life.
- •Buy a bright yellow raincoat.You see it beckoning from the window of an impossibly cute boutique on 23rd Avenue and you realize that this is what you've been looking for. This is who you are. The girl in the yellow raincoat.