A GUIDE TO KERRY, IRELAND
My beautiful home county! A lot of sketchy roads but the views are worth it
- •Start in Killarney.It's quite central and has all the super touristy stuff to get out of your system at the start! I recommend a walk around Muckross Park, visit Ross Castle, visit all the little shops on the Main Street, check out live music
- •Go to kenmare via Molls GapStunning scenery (along a slightly scary road). Be sure to shout cuckoo under the cuckoo Bridge (you'll know it when you see it). In kenmare, eat in Packies - best fish ever. Drink in Crowleys and go to Sheen Falls Hotel - ranked best in Europe! Amazo.
- •Visit dingleGo via the Conor Pass - treacherous but stunning. Dingle has everything and the craic is mighty. Go in summer for trad music in every pub. Dick macs is a favourite. Drive out to Slea Head. It's a scary road but the views are astonishing.
- •Gap of DunloeBeautiful mountain pass. Can walk it or get a horse and carriage.
- •Banna BeachThe most breath taking beach in Ireland. Huuuuuge long stretch of unspoiled sandy beach. Call into Kate Brownes pub on the way home for some seafood chowder and a Guinness