5 Steps to Fat Loss
While exercise will work miracles for both your physical and mental health, the lack of proper nutrition will hold you back from real progress, specially those looking to improve their body composition.
- 1.EAT MORE PROTEINProtein is one of the basic components of food and makes all life possible. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. All of the antibodies and enzymes, and many of the hormones in the body are proteins. They provide for the transport of nutrients, oxygen and waste throughout the body. They provide the structure and contracting capability of muscles. They also provide collagen to connective tissues of the body and to the tissues of the skin, hair and nails.
- 2.EAT FAT TO LOSE FATSo many people go on crazy low fat diets, it’s just silly. Fat is very important for the human body, we all need fat for our body and brain to function properly. Fat is also very important in hormone regulation especially testosterone production! Going on a low fat diet is just counterproductive. Fat does not make you fat, excess calories make you fat no matter what macronutrient those calories come from. Eat fat to help you lose fat!
- 3.GET A GOOD NIGHT SLEEPGetting a good night sleep is very important for so many reasons. Sleep is important for recovery of the CNS (central nervous system) which is CRUCIAL for fat loss. Sleep is also a stimulator of GH (growth hormone) secretion. Growth hormone is one of the most powerful fat loss hormones in the body! Important: Make sure you get at least 6 hours of sleep per night minimum to maximize your growth hormone release and increase your fat burning potential !!!
- 4.TAKE YOUR VITAMINSBelieve it or not, many vitamins play a role in fat mobilization and can help you lose weight. Vitamin C is a great example, since it is needed for the production of several amino acids that aid in the fat-burning process. In addition to this, some studies have shown that Vitamin D can increase the amount of fat burned by up to 50 percent. Both A and B vitamins play a critical role in keeping stress levels in check, which is important.
- 5.EAT ENOUGH FIBERMake sure you consume fiber! It will help with your fat loss, fight against heart disease, cholesterol, diabetes and colon cancer and a huge role in fighting obesity. Fiber is a compound that only plants contain. The fiber we consume is dietary fiber that only comes from plant foods such as oats, fruits, grains, etc.. Fiber is broken down into 2 forms, soluble and insoluble fiber.