Books I Read in 2016
I keep a list on goodreads but I abhor their review section and don't list any re-reads there. This is my list for the year with notes.
- •Carry On (Audiobook)This was a re-read. I had read the book when it was released and wanted to listen to the audiobook. I love this book. The first time I read it, I cried at the end just because it was over.
- •Dune (Audiobook)It took me a while to get through the backstory and set up to the action but once I was through that, I loved this book. I find myself thinking about it a lot. The recording was a group performance which is always a little odd until you get used to it. It worked very well for this book.
- •InterWorldI enjoy YA but this felt a lot younger than what I typically read. It was a fun book and one I have already recommended to one of my students.
- •The Beginning of EverythingI got this in an ebook sale for a couple of dollars, if memory serves. I hadn't heard of it before then. It was a fast read and I enjoyed it. It has one of my least favorite things in it though: something bad haloes to a dog.
- •32 CandlesStephanie Perkins tweeted about this book and I trust her opinion so I bought it and proceeded to lose sleep in the binge-read that followed. This is a good story that hooks you in and will probably prompt the re-watching of some Molly Ringwald movies.
- •Zeroes (Audiobook)
- •The Good Luck of Right Now
- •Before I Go To Sleep
- •The Awesome Girl's Guide to Dating Extraordinary MenThis was a companion novel to 32 Candles. I liked that it was a fairly accurate representation of adult female relationships in your late twenties and early thirties.
- •Science Dog (Graphic Novel)