NORA EPHRON QUOTES THAT CHANGED MY LIFE
When I'm sad, I read Nora. When I'm happy, I read Nora. When I'm stressed, I read Nora. She's everything to me and many of these quotes completely shaped the way I think/navigate through life.
- •"What are going to do? Everything is my guess. It will be a little messy, but embrace the mess. It will be complicated, but rejoice in the complications."
- •"When you slip on a banana peel, people laugh at you. But when you tell people you slipped on a banana peel, it's your laugh."
- •"Everything is copy.""The tragedies of your life one day have the potential to be comic stories the next."
- •The entire essay "On Having Never Been a Prom Queen""Like all things about liberation, sisterhood is difficult."
- •"Don't underestimate how much antagonism there is toward women and how many people wish we could turn the clock back......One of the things people always say to you if you get upset is, don't take it personally, but listen hard to what's going on and, please, I beg you, take it personally."
- •Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
- •"Don't be frightened: you can always change your mind."