PEI NEWS HEADLINES: FEBRUARY 2016
The kind of news you get in a place with low crime rates. Headlines taken from The Guardian and CBC
- •Man stuffs meat in partners purse, she gets court fineThe meat was worth $21.64 and was recovered
- •Vodka theif gets suspended sentence'The vodka was with $27 and wasn't recovered'
- •Drunk driver avoids jail because he doesn't speak EnglishThe judge added "it wasn't an invitation for others to plead ignorance of English to avoid jail time"
- •Names sought for future RCMP police dogs
- •Vehicle drives across Charlottetown lawns, collides with fence
- •Fisherman fined for having too much halibut
- •Buzz building for Anne of Green Gables television movie
- •School bus joyride ends in ditch
- •Court challenge of seatbelt ticket gets unbuckled
- •Don't worry, smoking Charlottetown sewer system perfectly normal
- •Charlottetown police officer rescues dog from manhole
- •Cavendish Grove consultations show users want picnic tables