MY LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH AMTRAK AND THE NE CORRIDOR
Thoughts from train 2253 as I wait for an alleged drawbridge to close....
- •it's like an Irving Berlin movie. Hot toddies, tuna sandwiches and merriment
- •Rolling hills, water views
- •No security line
- •You can bring an extra bag if you've been shopping!
- •How is it always on the verge of bankruptcy? In the quiet car right now there has to be close to $10K in one-way fares alone.
- •Why do people pack food like they are going outward bound? Thanksgiving feasts aren't meant for the train. Use the Cafe car! The hot dogs are kosher!!!
- •I am like Charlie Brown with the football on the Acela. Every time I pay more to get there faster, I end up seeing the Regional somehow pass us by....
- •People who make you share in their musical adventure by playing their jams on volume 22
- •Friends in DC - I am obviously gonna be late!