🇺🇸 first time votaaaaaaaa 🇺🇸
I have LRs in my drafts that I'm currently working on (shouts out to @rellimt) so this is a quick lil update!!
- •I voted for the first time and I feel really good.It was a very unique feeling! Everyone in my polling place seemed pretty worn out and tired but I was really excited (!!!!) and whenever I told someone that it was my first time, they would smile really big and congratulate me. It was very warm.
- •I feel so lucky that my first contribution to this democracy is a historic one.
- •I keep thinking of this Michelle quote:"So, look, so don’t let anyone ever tell you that this country isn’t great, that somehow we need to make it great again. Because this right now is the greatest country on earth! And as my daughters prepare to set out into the world, I want a leader who is worthy of that truth, a leader who is worthy of my girls’ promise and all our kids’ promise, a leader who will be guided every day by the love and hope and impossibly big dreams that we all have for our children."
- •I won't let racist, fear-mongering demagogues tell me that my country isn't great.
- •I love this country, I love our people, I love our diversity. They can't take it back- it was never theirs.
- •Sidenote:I fully understand all of HRC's faults. I was gonna vote for Bernie! She has a long way to go, but she's shown us that she's learning, that she's listening to us. I can feel good about this vote. There are groups in this country that simply cannot afford the alternative.
- •ALSO I FEEL LIKE THROWING UP IM V NERVOUS