THINGS I DID WITH MY MOM AS A KID THAT I DIDN'T APPRECIATE BUT SHOULD'VE
- •Going to Costco*or The Price Club (lmk if you get this ref). Costco was a magical place. Everything was huge and my mom would always buy me books. I still go with her when I can, but now that I'm not living at home, I regret all the times I was a bratty pre-teen/ teenager and didn't go with her. We always had fun.
- •Going to her friends' housesBack in the days of car seats, I would go on all her visits to friends, where they would just sit at the kitchen table and talk shit and I would kick back on the couch and eavesdrop. These were truly the good old days.
- •Clothes shoppingMy mom is a sleuth for discounts. We would never go to the mall; it was always TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Loehmann's, and this weird as fuck place by our house called Closeout Corner. I spent so many hours with my mom in dressing rooms where she would genuinely ask for my opinion, even before I was qualified to be giving it.
- •Watching daytime televisionFrom the hours of 12pm to 5pm, our little kitchen tv would be on ABC. While she did her everyday household/kitchen/mom things, I'd sit at the kitchen table and we'd talk on commercials. At 12, Who Wants to be a Millionaire (the good one, with Meredith). At 1, All My Children. 2: One Life to Live. 3: General Hospital (our favorite). 4: Oprah (I learned more from watching Oprah every day than I did in four years of high school.)
- •Watching nighttime televisionWe'd watch some fun stuff at night. Law & Order, House, Gray's, ER. We also watched all the Extreme Makeovers, American Idol (the good kind, SimonRandyPaula), Super Nanny.
- •Being in the car with herAs soon as I got a license and a car, I never had any reason to drive with her. I just kinda miss that.
- •Not always fighting with herFrom, like, 7th grade to senior year, we fought more than we did anything else. But I have a really good memory, and I remember what life was like before I had to go to school everyday. And I remember when I didn't have to do any homework and I didn't have any worries or stress. I miss when my mom and I hung out all the time, before we had anything to fight about.
- •Back when we were buddies 💔miss u mom