From Virginia Woolf's "Modern Fiction" ✍🏼️💖
- •"Any deductions that we may draw from the comparison of two fictions so immeasurably far apart are futile save indeed as they flood us with a view of the infinite possibilities of the art and remind us that there is no limit to the horizon,
- •and that nothing- no 'method', no experiment, even of the wildest- is forbidden, but only falsity and pretense.
- •'The proper stuff of fiction' does not exist; everything is the proper stuff of fiction, every feeling, every thought; every quality of brain and spirit is drawn upon; no perception comes amiss.
- •And if we can imagine the art of fiction come alive and standing in our midst,
- •she would undoubtedly bid us break her and bully her, as well as honour and love her, for so her youth is renewed and her sovereignty assured."