A YEAR IN FILM: PHOTOS I KNOW I TOOK THAT I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE
In my previous list, I introduced and explained my year-long photo project of 2015. Read all about it here: AN INTRODUCTION TO MY YEAR-LONG PHOTO PROJECT. This list is about a few photos I know I took and cannot wait to see.
- •The first photo of the project.I remember it being at a party, and I remember someone broke my house key in half at this particular party. The cops ended up rolling it fairly early. 🚓🚓🚓
- •Selfies. (I hate this word)For a while, I wanted to take a selfie with the disposable every month to document any changes in my face/happiness that could be seen through my eyes. I forgot most of the time, but I think I got a solid 6 months worth.
- •I went to the Hundreds Eat Meet at the Oinkster in Hollywood, where I met Bobby & Ben for the first time. The night was awesome. Great food, great people that I had never met before, and the energy of the brand that has been inspiring my work & mindset for the past few years. I asked the guys if I could take a photo of them, and I am so excited to see how it turned out.
- •Vegas.I went to Vegas for a day with my friends. It did not end well. I got a speeding ticket on the way home and lost out on like $600 because of it. BUT, the weather was super nice on the strip and I know I took a few photos on April's camera there. I also think I took one giving the finger to the camera because I was really fucking pissed about the speeding ticket. DRIVE SLOW, HOMIE
- •Chicago & Hawaii.Two places I went for the first time this year. Two places I fell in love with this year.
- •My best friend, Melissa, chopping her hair off.She had blue hair at the time and she decided to get it all cut off. Cheyanna and I were there to document it/hold her hand. I don't think I have ever seen her happier than that, besides when she cut off even more a month later. She rocks the shaved head better than most.
- •Love3/4 of 2015 was spent in a very loving relationship with Josh. I took lots of photos of him & us throughout the year, since it was my goal the entire time to document and photograph who & what I love. We have since broken up, but are on good terms. It's nothing to be sad about, because it happened and it mattered. 💖
- •Food.I love food. So much. I have no shame in my taking-a-pic of my plate game.
- •Double Exposures.I figured out if I took a photo with one of my cameras, didn't advance it yet to the next exposure, and hit it really hard against my hand with the flash up, it would double expose. I probably tried this about half a dozen times over the whole year, and I can't wait to see if they turned out well or if I was just actually fucking up my whole roll.