Already on li.st? Open in app.
I started bullet journaling in June and have kept a list(!) that captures at least one happy thing every day - no matter how big or small. Somewhat inspired by @blisssara 's list, THE MONTH OF MAY 😊 (and I know it's already almost the end of July... but these things take time!)
- 1.Started bullet journalingI've always failed at keeping journals because I'm lazy/lose interest easily. I heard about this new obsession with bullet journaling and thought I'd give it a try. Buying a mini-moleskine that I carry around has helped me stick to it.
- 2.Treated myself to a fancy coffee AND started reading The Power of HabitI was never one of those people who buys coffee every day, so it's a treat every time I do buy coffee. June 2 was one of those days. I also started reading The Power of Habit (but wasn't good at that habit since I'm still not done with it...)
- 3.Had life-changing oysters at Hog Island Oyster Co. at Oxbow Market in Napa AND had an amazing dinner with my friends R+J at ZuZuMy husband planned a birthday weekend getaway to Napa for me. He's a keeper. The oysters at Hog Island Oyster Co. are out-of-of-this-world good. And my friends drove up from SF just to have dinner with me in Napa. It was truly a great day 😊
- •My husband and I walked behind Kevin Bacon for one block on our street.I actually didn't even notice him (as usual); my husband did (also as usual).
- •You are now Two Degrees of Kevin Bacon.
- •That's all I've got for today.
Inspired by @ListAssist. Knowing how to:
- •Double Dutch
- •Snapchat has a pirate selfie filter right now.
- •This is me, as a pirate.
- •I look pretty badass.
I had this in my drafts for a while and thought it'd be a good follow-up to the Things I Go Waaaaay Out of My Way to Avoid list
- •Walking out of a store empty-handedWill they think I stole something?
- •Going to Sephora without any makeup onI don't regularly wear makeup, so I am NEVER wearing makeup when I go to Sephora. I went today to claim my birthday gift lol
- •Saying "no, not today" when the cashier asks if I want to donate $x to [insert charity here]It's not that I don't care. I'm not a monster, I swear!
- •This woman at work is a vegetarian and lets everyone know itShe's ranked somewhat high too, so no one tells her to shut up
- •I sit near her office, so occasionally she'll ask me what I'm eating for lunch (usually meat) and will make a comment about it looking/smelling goodWhich I know is probably a lie
- •I had a salad for lunch today and it just did not work out for me
Inspired by @ListAssist
- •Calling in a delivery/pickup orderSeamless was invented for people like me.
- •Related: Making appointments by phoneWhy can't we do everything online nowadays?
- •Shaking handsMy hands are usually sweaty and it's embarrassing. Also, germs.
- •If you don't write a good idea down, you will forget itI'm getting better at this, but I still lose a lot
- •Sick days can be used for mental health daysFor when you are just sick of work
- •Women's shoes were made by the devil himselfHeels, flats, doesn't matter. If they're not sneakers, they're likely uncomfortable in some way
- •RainBut prob not
- •Bird poopMore likely
- •Air conditioner waterEven more likely in summer