Thoughts today*, my 29th birthday
*it was yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to finish my list yesterday
- •Wow, this is the start of the last year of my 20sFor some reason 29 sounds like a bigger deal than 28. Honestly 28 was such a nothing that I continually forgot I was 28.
- •I didn't know LinkedIn wishes were a thingI got about 10 happy birthday messages on LinkedIn, mostly from people I don't know. Thanks, distant connections!
- •I'm not nearly as excited about birthdays as I used to beShouldn't we be more excited as we get older? We've made it this far! But I've noticed that most people I know don't get excited about birthdays anymore. I'm now one of those people.
- •The older I get, the less I enjoy attentionI grilled my husband last night to make sure he wasn't sending a cake to the office or anything. He did last year, which was nice, but I was just not in the mood for the attention this year. By the time I'm 39, I'll be a hermit.
- •Do people actually go around proclaiming it's their birthday?Whenever someone overheard someone wishing me a happy birthday, they would say, "you didn't tell me it's your birthday!" Maybe this ties back to the whole not liking attention thing?
- •It sounds like the birthday blues, but I'm happy, I promise!Just regular happy, not HELL YEAH IT'S MA BIRTHDAY happy.
- •I started journaling this month and am recording my "daily happiness(es)". Since I'm logging stuff, I figure having goals is a good thing too, right? So this year, I want to...
- •Start working out. Like for real.I was blessed with a good metabolism that allowed me to eat anything I want and gain minimal weight... until recently. I've noticed it's slowing down and I'm feeling chubs and unhealthy, so I need to figure out a workout I would enjoy doing.
- •Get our apartment in shape so everything has its placeThis is much more difficult and time-consuming than I ever thought it would be. This has been on the to-do list since we got married, and it's been 8 months and we haven't made much progress. I'm really fed up with not being able to find things.
- •Develop a hobbyI always start things and stop them, so I don't know if I do anything enough (other than eat delicious food) for it to be a hobby. Blogging perhaps? Listing?? I tried crocheting but I ended up leaving things undone until the next winter...
- •Three goals before 30. Goals that shouldn't take the entire year to accomplish. Sounds doable... right?