FAVORITE RADIOHEAD SONGS
It ebs and flows
- •Talk Show HostThis was my gateway song, which I discovered from Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet. Love at first listen.
- •ReckonerSo feminine. Apparently this is the final result of "Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses," which I saw played live for the first time in 2001 at the Gorge Amphitheater in George, WA.
- •NudeAll versions. But what ended up on In Rainbows? Nailed it.
- •I Might Be WrongGah. The repetitive bass line. 3:53. When I lived in Ithaca, NY, I would literally go down to the waterfall, play this song as loud as I could in my headphones and question everything about life while dancing around like a fool.
- •Planet TelexFirst song on The Bends. First album love. He sings it lying drunk on the floor of a country chateau. So Thom Yorke it hurts.
- •IdiotequeI remember watching the live SNL performance in October 2000. I was in a dorm room huddled around a TV with friends. We wondered how the electronic sound of Kid A would translate live. MIKE DROP. Everything changed after that. https://vimeo.com/51713269
- •JustGuitars. Plus, yes, you do it to yourself and that's what really hurts.
- •The National AnthemWow. Super intense. Confusing. Totally insane. Blast this song and be transported to a place where everything is on the line. Even though it was a year early, Kid A came to define the post 9/11 world for my gen.
- •Climbing Up the WallsFeel like this song could be on any of their albums (altho maybe not TKOL). It makes me feel trapped, alienated and desperate. Classic Radiohead.
- •Blow OutThey ended "Live at the Astoria" with an EPIC rendition of Blow Out. This song is ridiculously underrated, and when I heard this version for the first time nearly a decade after it was performed, my mind was blown. This band is going places. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbK3T_xOyI
- •Honorable mentionsAirbag, Street Spirit, Jigsaw Falling Into Place