What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
Inspired by @CherylStrayed
- •Any "man's job"Before I even had a period I found ways to tick of my stepdad and express my feminist self, one favorite way was to insist I'd do a "man's job".
- •Pediatric cardiologistWhen I was 9 my brother was born with a heart defect, for at least the next 4 years I was certain that would be my career. That was until I heard about the 12+ years of college
- •Dolphin trainerWho doesn't want to swim with dolphins every day
- •IT/ computer guruThis was my way of trying to be sensible. I lasted one year studying computer science. Couldn't do it when I felt no passion.
- •A criminal justice reforming, victim advocating, prosecutorThis lasted until about my junior year of college when I realized how difficult it is for the system to changed.
- •A paralegal/ office manager who moonlights occasionally assisting on the campaign for fast food workers wagesDefinitely not my ideal career but it pays the bills and provides some meaning in my life.
- •Open to suggestions!Maybe I need to get back to dreaming.