Things I've Learned At College (So Far)
My last day of college is tomorrow and as my freshman year comes to a close I wanted to reflect on the dumb things I learned.
- •You should DEFINITELY eat before going out on the townI'll spare you the details of the numerous times my stomach couldn't handle the substance I put in my body but I learned that eating before venturing to the bar is a major 🔑 to success. This picture was taken an hour before I died a little bit.
- •Talking to boys is just as scary as it was in high schoolThis one doesn't get any easier. Unless you're drunk. So maybe it does get easier?? Who knows.
- •You don't have to like Bernie SandersIt's okay to stray away from the political/religious views of your peers. My school is filled with millennials who worship the ground Senator Sanders walks on. I am not one of those people but that's okay! Stand by what you believe in
- •A nudge in a fun direction is okayOccasionally you'll need a push to try something new and be adventurous. Your friends can help you break out of your comfort zone (but like don't let them tell you doing black tar heroin is cool because it's deff not) !
- •It's okay to feel thingsI don't know about you guys, but I don't like to feel. I generally think it's lame but college taught me that you can feel multiple feelings.
- •Being away from home is fantastic but also sucks a littleWith great newfound freedom comes great responsibility. When your parents release you into the wild that is college they're expecting you to exceeds their expectations. While this seems a little extra they've worked hard to send you away so trying your best and calling them once in awhile is the least you can do.