What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
- •Ballerina, ages 3-7Bless my parents for never squelching my love of "dance" by telling me I was too uncoordinated and lazy for this particular career path.
- •Teacher, age 7-11Yes, I was that smart kinda antisocial kid who was totally the teacher's pet.
- •Architect, age 11-13This is when I had a crush on a kid named Jordan Boots. He wanted to be an architect and was too cool to give me the time of day. So naturally I desired to be an architect with the goal of getting him to notice me. He didn't.
- •Music teacher, age 13-17I also briefly considered going on American Idol but decided that I would be wasting being so multitalented if I went with the celebrity track.
- •Nurse, age 17This is because I saw a lot of episodes of Greys Anatomy.
- •Physician Assistant, age 17-21This was before anyone told me that PA school admissions had become more competitive than med school.
- •Doctor, age 21-23This was after I found out med school was easier to get into from PA school, and also after I received 7 PA school rejection letters.
- •Healthcare administrator, age 24This is after I got rejected from three med schools and decided that if you can't join 'em, you should get yourself into a position where you can boss them around.
- •Stay at home mom and trophy wife, currentlyMy boyfriend will have a Ph.D. in a couple years and I'm counting on him to be my long term investment/ticket to being the best soccer mom the world has ever known. Don't tell him though.