HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER
I sort of followed a recipe...
- •Roast ~ 1 1/2 cups raw almonds at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes (cool before putting into food processor/blender)This is supposed to make it easier for the oils to come out when you blend it later on. So I read.
- •Chop up some dark chocolate (no need to melt) - I used about 1/4 cup.The warmth from blending the almonds is enough to melt the chocolate - just chop it into itty bitty pieces. Also, I used a few pieces of Theo's dark chocolate with sea salt, so I didn't add any additional salt to the recipe.
- •Once cooled, throw the roasted almonds into the food processor, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides.Removed some of the dry almond chunks before it creamed so I could add it later for "crunchy" butter. Didn't take very long to get creamy, maybe 10 minutes of blending and scraping.
- •Add chocolate to the food processor and continue blending, scraping down sides as needed.
- •Add ~ tablespoon of honey (if you want some sweetness to your butter)
- •Put into sealed container and store in fridge (well, I'll probably eat it by the end of the day 😳 so I won't store in fridge).