THINGS MY HANDS DO WHEN THEY ARE NOT HOLDING YOURS
- •Turn pages in books I've read before.Like old friends, they remind me of who I used to be.
- •Stir sugar into black coffee.The only sweet part of my day.
- •Fold clothes you've never seen me wear.I have more than I used to. Nothing ever seems to fit me right.
- •Gently graze the arm of a boy who will never mean anything to me.He doesn't know how to keep a conversation. Your arms are strong enough to hold me.
- •Write words, in ink, on paper you'll never find.I don't want you to know what I'm thinking. I burn them shortly after.
- •Scrub myself clean of all my sins.I'm never truly unblemished. You'll just make me filthy again.
- •Wait.But I won't hold my breath.