Top 5 NYC Moments Thus Far
- •5. Lost tourist who doesn't speak English well: Where is statue? Me: Which...what statue? There are MANY statues. Her: Raises right arm, clutches notebook to chest with left, to indicate the Statue of Liberty.
- •4. Trying to hurry down the steps to catch the R train. An athletic younger guy sees me, leaps down the stairs, and holds it for me. We cheer together through the glass doors that separate us as I pull away.
- •3. Tuesday 4 November 2008, 11:00pm. I was living in a mostly black part of Brooklyn. Everyone left their houses, abandoned their cars, and danced in the streets weeping with joy.
- •2. Getting proposed to in Washington Square Park. Alec Baldwin was walking by, and he congratulated us.
- •1. Being handed keys to my newly-purchased apartment.