A note to the class of 2016
These are more college-specific, but hopefully there are some bits everyone can take away from my mature, seasoned 20 years of life experience
- •Find something to believe inGod(s), yourself, the universe, nature, whatever. Find that one thing, hold on to it, and fall back on it when you need support
- •Get a job ASAPStart earning your keep, however little you may actually earn. It teaches you responsibility and forces you to schedule your life-aka adult things
- •Stop thinking you know everythingI know. I was the same way. But the sooner you learn you're stupid about real life, the sooner you'll actually learn something
- •Embrace your nerdy passionBecause you find out there are more people like you than you think
- •Know your habits and tendencies...Like how you make friends, how you study, your general living routine.
- •Don't be afraid to changeYour major is not set in stone. Interests change. People grow. You are a flower, not a rock.
- •Every once in a while, pick one thing that breaks out of your comfort zoneAs a pretty staunch introvert, I have found these small blurbs of excitement to be exhilarating and surprising amazing. You won't be sorry, I promise.