THINGS MY MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS HAVE SAID
I'm doing my intermediate practicum in an urban magnet school 7th grade English classroom. It makes for lovely mornings.
- •"How do you not know what you gotta do? She drew a diaphragm up on there for you."He meant diagram
- •"Hey Ms. E, you 30?" *I tell her I'm 20* "Well you pretty anyway."Thank you?
- •"You don't wanna work with us. We're nuts!""Oh no, you guys aren't bad at all!""Don't say we didn't warn you."Duly noted
- •"Hey Tyquan, the barber called and he said your hairline is ridiculous."What does that even mean?
- •"Miss, do you get your eyebrows done or they always like that?" *tells her my eyebrows are very much natural* "Them eyebrows on fleek."You can't make this stuff up
- •"What are these?" "Clementines." "Clementines? I thought these's called Cuties!"