EMOTIONS EXPERIENCED AT A WORK CONFERENCE
From sheer boredom to #blessed
- •Field trip nostalgiaThe feeling that even though it's technically still a work day, you're kind of off the hook because all you have to do is hang out and listen.
- •Caffeine-fueled focusYou are prepared to devour knowledge, the sheer volume of which cannot even be comprehended. As you suck back hotel coffee you know that nothing will escape your powerful mind's grasp.
- •Feelings of inadequacyYou listen to the professionally adept presenters and feel a little overwhelmed but mostly not too bad about it.
- •The joy of free foodYou thank the heavens for bestowing free food upon you and lifting the duty of providing sustenance for yourself. You leave the buffet feeling blessed or #bufflessed
- •Food-induced lethargyThe buffets betray you and you have to use every atom in your body to fight to stay awake. Usually failing.
- •Forced networking anxietyNot sure how much longer you can sustain small talk about your day job with strangers, you make multiple trips to the bathroom for a moment of relief. The escape is worth strangers suspecting you have bowel issues.
- •Getting done before 5 euphoriaNuff said.