WHEN FRIENDS AND FAMILY MISSPEAK
It's pretty cute...until it happens to YOU!
- •Low energy alcoholicWhat my best friend Marina said when searching for the term "high functioning alcoholic."
- •Frisbo DiskyImmediately followed by "I mean, disco frisbee!" What my friend Chris came up with when racking his brain for the words "frisbee golf."
- •Jah-sawn Sag-alJason Segel, as pronounced by my friend Hilary when reading his name off a billboard.
- •Taco TwinsA (much better?) name that you can use for the Cocteau Twins when their real name slips your mind. Courtesy of my friend Luren.
- •MisledPronounced 'mize-uld.' A word, separate from misled, with a similar but more sinister meaning. Until his early 20's, my father thought this was a separate word from misled, and unwittingly but cruelly transferred the misunderstanding to me by using both words in subtly different contexts and never clarifying that 'mize-uld' doesn't actually exist.