Baby Shower Gifts That Don't Suck
I have been to 4.3 million baby showers, these are my go-to gifts. Registry is best, but if you're going off the registry buy these things
- •Chewy necklace thingThey make these silicon beads into not too ugly necklaces and babies chew on them and everyone's happy
- •BOOOOKSI love children's books with a fiery passion. I have about 10 go-to books. Go buy a ton of funny, beautiful, exciting children's books and give them as a stack.
- •One Line a Day JournalShit gets real in that first year. The babybooks do NOT get filled out. Journals gather dust...except for this one. One line a day for five years, it's short enough to record tidbits and milestones. I'm on my second one and can look back and see exactly what my babies were up to on this day last year!
- •Swaddle blanketsI liked the muslin ones bc they could be used for a million other things (shade, breastfeeding cover, back up wipe...I tied mine into a baby sling once)
- •Spa Gift cardBecause even if it takes her 6months after the baby is born to actually use it, she will weep for joy on that day.
- •Family TreeThere are some cool artists out there making non-lame family trees. They sell gift certificates so your friend can give them the right names, and whammo - thoughtful and pretty.
- •Custom family artThere are SO MANY great artists out there! I found @maggiebard on listapp, but have commission lots of talented artists on etsy. Find a style they'll like and get a cute little illustration done! (This image is a Nan Lawson illustration)
- •White noise machineIf it's not already on the registry, this is a clutch thing to have.
- •Super nice baby toiletriesThere are a lot of gentle non-toxic options, go ahead and splurge on that baby. Don't forget the sunscreen. The environmental working group (ewg.org) has a great ratings system/database if you're not sure which brands are good.
- •Mesh teether thingyOk I looked it up, it's actually called a "baby safe feeder". I'd put frozen peas/frozen fruit in there and they chew it like a rabid animal and stop crying about their teeth being born thru their gums.
- •I basically always give a jar of coconut oil with any baby shower gift (for sore nipples and diaper rash among a million other things). If I know the mom well (and she's planning to breastfeed), I give nursing tanks/bras. I also like to take mom-to-be for a pedicure close to her due date. Baby's get a lot of shit and moms often go ignored!!Suggested by @migmags
- •Belabumbum pregnancy & nursing loungewearBecause Mama needs a little ahhhhSuggested by @TheJuliaBeck
- •Bandana bibsOur little guy spit up a LOT. These were cute and saved me from having to change his clothes 1,234,786 times a day.Suggested by @NeighborFoodie