Give give give!! Giving Tuesday 2016
All my anxiety over the state of our world will be channeled into donating today. You should too! Here are holiday gift ideas for your whole list! Add your own!
- •FOR YOUR SHITTY STEP MOM WHO BELIEVES GIULIANI WOULD MAKE A GOOD SECRETARY OF STATE:
- •The International Rescue Committee - they're on the front lines of helping refugees. RESCUE.ORGDonate 4 temporary shelters for refugees in need for only $54!! They make it so easy!!!! (You can also donate a safe birth in the name of any new moms in your life!)
- •FOR YOUR NIECE WHO DESERVES A SHOT AT BREATHING FRESH AIR WHEN SHE'S OLDER:
- •Well step right up to the National Resources Defense Fund!! http://tinyurl.com/ht9q8rjAnd how great is this logo?
- •FOR YOUR BROTHER WHO HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BE SCARED SHITLESS ABOUT A TRUMP PRESIDENCY:
- •The ACLU! action.aclu.orgToday they're doing matching donations!
- •FOR YOUR COWORKER WHO THINKS WOMEN WHO ARE 9 MONTHS PREGNANT GO AND GET ABORTIONS ON THE REG:
- •A recurring monthly donation to Planned Parenthood!!! PPACTION.ORG
- •FOR YOUR UNCLE WHO THINKS STEVE BANNON IS JUST MISUNDERSTOOD:
- •SouthernPovertyLawCenter is the way to go!! https://donate.splcenter.org
- •Alright listers, what are your favs and who are you donating for?
- •Project HEAL!! www.theprojectheal.orgProvides treatment scholarships for people with eating disorders!Suggested by @aliciamcelhaney
- •Go local!I think it's important to give to both large & small organizations. Go to Google and search "non profit + (your zip code or nearest city)". You will typically find a slew of groups that do small-scale work important to your community. You can vet any of them on Charity Navigator to make sure they're legit. Local food banks, arts organizations (for schools that don't have those programs), shelters, or groups supporting foster kids. It's also ok if you only have $10; it can make a huge difference!Suggested by @dreadpiratemama