Help! Pre-cold Remedies!
I feel it coming. I am probably 8-12hrs away from full blown head cold. Does stupid airborne work?!? Help Me! I will try your Nana's weird recipe, anything!!!
- •Zinc?!? Does this work?
- •OJ just isn't gonna cut it.
- •I have friends who are servers (aka always getting sick) who swear by Zicam. It's supposed to shorten your cold. So yes, I think zinc is supposed to help!Suggested by @jessnobs
- •Hot tea with a lot of lemon and honeyIts more effective when your symptoms are full blown but it really does help!Suggested by @jessnobs
- •Enchinacea pills/dropsSuggested by @aus10
- •Vitamin A and gargle with salt water!Suggested by @emmastrickler
- •Emergen-CI've never taken Airborne, but when I feel something coming on, I try to take 2 packets of Emergen-C (tropical is my favorite) per day and it usually staves it off or reduces the severity of the cold.Suggested by @ladyprofessor
- •Sambucol- Black ElderberryYou can get this at CVS. It's great for boosting the immune system and shortening the duration of colds or flus. I have been taking it off and on for years. Google it for more info.Suggested by @thebestSR
- •I drink a shit-ton of organic orange juice, gargle with Listerine, try to eat a salad or two and take it easy on caffeinated drinks.Suggested by @amieshmamie
- •Sleep a lot. 😴Suggested by @jannychan
- •Cold-FXIt's a Canadian thing and it works like a charm! Can be purchased at drug storesSuggested by @daisy
- •Zicam does work, in my experienceI'm a teacher and therefore exposed to alllll the germs. Zicam helps shorten the cold for me.Suggested by @aj_oppen
- •Osha RootMy mom swears by this. She has to special order it from our local co-op but anytime she feels something coming on, this knocks it right out. She gets it in a capsule form.Suggested by @evak
- •My coworkers are not comforted by this lineup
- •Garlic LemonadeCrush and dice at least 10 garlic cloves, cover in a quart sized glass container (I use good ol' mason jars) with boiling water, cover and let steep for an hour, strain out garlic, add the juice of 1 lemon and honey to taste. Weirdly yummy and vv effective. You could also steep fresh grated ginger with the garlic, if that's what you're into.Suggested by @avecsarah
- •If you can't find Cold-FX by name, it's basically just a bunch of ginseng, so you could take that. There's a lot of data saying it isn't proven to do much of anything once you actually have a cold, but I find it gives me a significant energy boost that helps existing symptoms fade into the background for a while and keeps looming symptoms at bay.Suggested by @hkath