How to Get Into Hockey
@ramivaa I love this request, I've never tried to convince someone except in person & at a game...indoctrinating someone into getting hockey takes beer and a live game I think...I'm going to try a different angle
- •SO since we're not at a game here's what I can throw at you:
- •I'm a Caps fan, I started going to games with my dad when I was 6months old.Dad: "We wanted to see if you'd be scared by the noise...you weren't" Me: "maybe check my ears? Make sure I'm actually not deaf?"
- •Old school hockey was nuts. They didn't wear helmets! At the beginning not even the goalies wore them!Dummies.
- •THE GOALIE!!I LOVE GOALIES...they're so weird! you have to have a very particular, almost tweaked brain to be interested & able to stop pucks coming at you at 100mph.
- •The goalie is very very well protected...both with pads and by his teammates.No one dares retaliate against a goalie...even if they sucker punch you in the head.
- •They're also superstitious...Caps goalie, Braden Holtby, has about 800 little weird things he does every game. This is a teeeeny tiny portion of his pregame routine.
- •Quirky goalies not your thing?What about dudes with slightly F'ed up noses?
- •Are you here for this?
- •Or nah?
- •No? That's cool, I got you
- •Or are old timers your cuppa?This is Rod Langway, he was my favorite player growing up. One of the last to not wear a helmet. Troubled personal life, mullet, he's got it all.
- •I love hockey, Come visit, I'll take you to a game!