Magic in the Mail
I am secret santaless. I've kept my chin up reading the unpacking lists. I temper my hope at every visit to the post office. BUT I have seen enough Christmas movies, I know I just have to believe and it will come (right?!?)! Today a different gift came in the mail...the portraits I commissioned from @maggiebard of my daughters...and HOLY SHIT
- •I found @maggiebard on listapp, so the fact that this even happened is magical.
- •I didn't want classic portraits done of my girls, this isn't downton abbey I'm running here.
- •She asked for descriptions of my girls and some photos.I probably gave too much info, but Maggie was professional about it and didn't call me out on being a cliche.
- •Maggie, the letter and descriptions made me tear up. Thank you.
- •And then, just holy shit.
- •This one.Our noble old mutt even made it in!! I'm needing these girls to grow up as a team, sisters in arms. Not to be fucked with. I want this to hang as a reminder to them that they are each other's first ally.
- •Thank you @maggiebard you made such beautiful tributes to my girls. Thank you. Thank you!