My Favorite Books to Give at a Baby Shower
I think maybe, subconsciously, I joined listapp just for this request from @DG ... Thank you!
- •I AM A BUNNY by Ole Risom/Richard Scarry"I am a bunny, my name is Nicholas, I live in a hollow tree." My mom read this to me so it has that extra layer of love tied to its words. Simple, beautiful a board book with integrity.
- •THEN IT IS SPRING by Julie Fogliano/Erin SteadReads like a poem, is simple and funny and sweet. The illustrations are awesome.
- •ROSIE REVERE ENGINEER by Andrea Beaty/David RobertsBecause we, as parents, deserve this level of visuals, clever rhyming, and messaging after a long day of parenting.
- •HUGTIME by Patrick McDonnelI may or may not have cried reading this to my babies.
- •THE SNAIL & THE WHALE by Julia Donaldson/Axel SchefflerAgain with the rhyming, I can't get enough of this one. It's about bravery, friendship, and wanderlust, it's good.
- •GOODNIGHT GORILLA by Peggy RathmanNo words! Make em up! Or don't! Worth it for this scene alone.
- •WHISTLE FOR WILLY by Ezra Jack KeatsYou can't beat the style, colors, simplicity. A classic!
- •THE BOOK WITH NO PICTURES by @bjnovakNot pandering, this is a great book. Every time someone new comes to our house our kids make them read this to them as a trick. To see adults get surprised by a children's book is wonderful thing.
- •ELLA by Mallory KasdanThis one is really just hilarious for us to read, it's a modern day spoof on Eloise. I only give this if it's a friend I know will appreciate it.
- •A HOUSE IS A HOUSE FOR ME by Betty Fraser/MaryAnn HobermanThis one is a classic! Awesome illustrations, great rhymes...it's a joy to read.
- •MILLIONS OF CATS by Wanda G'agHundreds of cats, thousands of cats, millions and billions and trillions of cats. It's just lovely all around.
- •STREGA NONA by Tomie dePaolaMaybe it's the Italian in me? This is a GD delight. I love the way it's translated, it's a fun read!
- •I'll stop now.