The Time a Sea Lion Spoke to My Soul
At the national zoo in DC. On a gorgeous day last year.
- •Started as the usual schlep up the hill on the American Trail.American Trail is the best, don't believe the hype, the panda zone is crowded and annoying. BeiBei's always hiding. (Not my pic)
- •Got to the Sea Lions with the kids.(Not my pic)
- •And then, a cheerio fell from their stroller...
- •AND IT CAUGHT THE EYE OF THIS SEA LION
- •AND THE SEA LION WAS LASER FOCUSED ON THAT GD CHEERIO
- •AND EVERYONE STARTED CHUCKLING AND SAYING "HOW CUTE"
- •HOW CUTE?!?!? I'm like WHAT IS HAPPENING, SOMEONE CALL THE LOCAL NEWS, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IVE EVER SEEN
- •THEN IT LOOKS INTO THAT KID'S EYESRIGHT INTO THAT KID'S FACE!!! JUST PLEADING WITH IT'S SWEET SWEET SEA LION EYES TO LET HIM AT THAT CHEERIO!
- •THEN BACK TO THE CHEERIO
- •THEN RIGHT BACK TO HIS EYES
- •AND THEY GO LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE.I don't know or care where my children are at this point. I just want this to keep happening.
- •but, it doesn't.
- •THE SEA LION, SENSING THE FUTILITY AND THE HUMAN'S INABILITY TO COME THRU IN ANY USEFUL MANNER, PUTS HIS FLIPPERS TOGETHER...And swims away.
- •Guys, it was fucking magical.
- •The end.