BOOKS THAT HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE // THE WAY I THINK.
Inspired by @kellymm55
- •The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon ScieszkaI remember reading this as a young child and realizing that every story truly does have many sides and perspectives. I think it has helped me be better at listening and discerning.
- •Ella EnchantedMy best friend in 6th grade bought me this book at a school book fair. It was my first introduction into the fantasy genre. It was the book that single-handedly turned me into a life-long reader. @classyAF Hat tip to you!
- •The Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussKvothe's world is where I most want to live: even with scrael and a-holes like Ambrose and Hemme in positions of power. This is the first book I recommend to everyone I meet and I will talk about its brilliance until the day I die.
- •Harry Potter series by J.K. RowlingThis book is full of deep character lessons on humility, integrity, and kindness. It has been foundational in forming the person I am.
- •The Martian by Andy WeirThis book has turned me into an enthusiastic problem solver. Whenever faced with a hurtle, I now ask myself, "What would Mark Watney do?"
- •A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald MillerAn inspiring non-fiction work about living a life that is meaningful, not shallow. I try to reread it every few years.
- •Celebration of Discipline by Richard FosterSpiritual disciplines like fasting, silence, solitude, and simplicity are transformative practices that I've yet to incorporate regularly in my life. I highlighted the first sentence in the forward and never stopped highlighting. "It is amazing that squiggles on a page can change the hearts and minds of men."