Female Vocalists You Might Love
- •Vienna TengAn article once described her as pop chamber music and that feels pretty accurate. Harbor is her most iconic song but the album I love most is Inland Territory.
- •Patty GriffinPatty makes me feel things deeply. The whole Living with Ghosts album makes me want to sing my heart out on a cross-country road trip with my best girlfriends.
- •Sandra McCrackenThe most formative musician of my life. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without the music of Sandra McCracken. Modern psalms and acoustic-guitar driven songs about our beautiful, tiny lives.
- •Rhiannon GiddensThe female third of the Carolina Chocolate Drops. They're an old-time string band from NC and they make my bluegrass-loving heart soar.
- •Missy HigginsThe Australian Brandi Carlile. She can be poppy, ballady, or beautifully moody. I love the raw sound of Forgive Me. The song Steer makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.
- •Others: Brandi Carlile, Regina Spektor, Florence Welch, Alison Krauss, Ingrid Michaelson, Jennifer Knapp, Vanessa Carlton, and Carla Bruni