FICTIONAL HOMES IN WHICH I'D LIKE TO LIVE
- •Bilbo's home in the ShireCoziness factor is through the grass-covered roof. Cool doors, stocked pantry, agrarian community. I'm in.
- •The Banks' home in Father of the BrideI grew up in a teeny tiny house. This was what my white picket-fenced dreams were made of. Bonus: If I lived here I was convinced I'd be good at basketball like the daughter.
- •The Banks' home in Mary PoppinsOnly if Mary is there, tbh. Pluses: London, park nearby. Minuses: cannon guy next door.
- •Hagrid's HutI'm a simple girl with simple needs. Bonuses: view of the trees, MAGIC. Downsides: all the animals, climbing that big ass hill up to the castle.
- •Hometree in AvatarI like trees. Other notable trees in which I'd live: Mr. Tumnus' house in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Swiss Family Robinson's dope-ass tree house, and the Lost Boys' tree house in Peter Pan/Hook. ALSO, Tink's house in Hook!!
- •The BurrowBasically I like cozy, quirky places. Bonus: Molly's cooking. Minuses: none whatsoever.
- •V's secret lair in V for VendettaPriceless art, croque monsieurs for breakfast, sticking it to the man. Minus: no natural light.
- •Amelie's apartmentColorful, oddball neighbors, PARIS
- •Roger and Anita's flat in 101 DalmatiansThe decor, LONDON, you'd have Roger playing music in the background all day, the house keeper. Downside: all the dogs