My Goals for This Upcoming School Year
Inspired by @kate81
- •Try a new project I have in mind.Every other month help the kids run a fake business that goes along with the curriculum (pet shop, art gallery, health clinic, colonial shops etc) so they have real life entrepreneurial and money practice.
- •Bring enough food to school each day so I don't feel the need to get fast food on my way home.
- •Drink more tea and less coffee.
- •Say no to additional roles that anyone else could take on.I work at a small school so we all wear a lot of hats. If I take on anything else, though, I will burn out and that's no good for anyone.
- •Find new books that are written by PoC or that have main characters who are PoC.I don't want my kids thinking white everything is okay.
- •Dress a teeny bit fancier.I wear old khakis and loafers a lot and look pretty frumpy. I can do better. Also this will require a wardrobe purge and update. 💃🏼
- •Take an honest look at what cultural appropriation is because honestly those are the scariest words to an elementary school social studies teacher.