PARTS OF THE PARTY FOR WHICH I'M THANKFUL
Last night I hosted a Halloween party. Here are some reasons it rocked.
- •Everyone who spilled wine spilled it on the linoleum, not the carpet!Myself included.
- •Everyone had amazing costumes.My friends are not too cool for school. And for that I am grateful.
- •Someone brought a dip made in a cast-iron skillet.Because she knows I have a deep love for food made in such a glorious manner.
- •There was a bonfire.How better to celebrate this fine fall season! And who cares that I'm the only one who ate a s'more?
- •There was dancing!You get to a point in your life when the wedding invitations stop flooding in, you realize you're too old for bars, and the only time you dance anymore is while driving. This is a sad time in life. But luckily, every once in a while, a happening party comes along and you get to dance your guts out once again.
- •It was over by 11:15.To some that might seem lame but to me it was perfect.