DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TERRIFYING IT IS TO BE BLACK IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW
- •Cause a cop can just come through & shoot me in the back multiple times claiming "self-defense"
- •And that same cop gets off scot free months or even YEARS later because there's not "enough evidence"
- •Or the jury is all white
- •Or it would set a precedent for actually prosecuting people WHO KILL other people
- •And then, in trying to show my pain & emotion in solidarity & protest, I might be chastised or scorned or, as of yesterday, shotBy some white boys who decided to harbor just a little bit more hate today
- •But the state will probably let them just go free, too
- •So I have to find the energy to wake up & take my ass to work knowing that my grief & terror isn't seen as a legit reason to not goCause most employers wouldn't allow me to call in black
- •And be doubly overwhelmed by the stress of work and oh idk, staying the fuck aliveWhile dealing with all the privileged fucks around me who can offer little more than a comforting word
- •Before we can even get through one stage of grief, another event has inevitably thrown off the balance again
- •So yeah. To be black I'm America is to be in a constant state of terrorOr a constant state of apathy in order to function
- •And y'all want me to focus on subverting racist notions in my work slash personal life, too?
- •Y'all want me to clarify how oppression is oppression is oppression?
- •That refusing refugees from war-torn countries shows how little fucks you give about oppressed citizens in this country?
- •That defunding public schools and pouring more money into the military is fundamentally fucked up?
- •Why does our blackness have to be a burden